Austin AC Maintenance
Have You Scheduled Your Yearly AC Tune Up Yet?
The integrity, effectiveness, and energy efficiency of your air conditioner depends on how well it is taken care of. Even top-of-the-line models with comprehensive and thorough installation services will suffer unnecessary repairs and even premature replacement if they are not routinely cared for by a professional air conditioning technician. As a homeowner, you are responsible for changing the air filter about once a month during the cooling season and keeping the area surrounding your units free and clear of debris. Beyond that, your AC requires the technical expertise and skill set of a trained HVAC professional.
Call 1st Home and Commercial Services today at (512) 957-2992 for more information and to schedule your appointment for an AC tune up in Austin.
Why Schedule a Professional AC Maintenance Service?
Everyone enjoys saving money, but is a DIY AC repair always the best way to do it? There are many benefits to hiring a professional air conditioning company instead of trying to complete and diagnose repairs yourself.
Here are some reasons why you need professional air conditioning maintenance:
- Energy efficiency. Considering the ever-rising costs of energy, it’s becoming more and more important to our customers that their air conditioners not only perform well but also be energy efficient. The ratio of electrical energy input to cooling output is critical because you don’t want to be paying for inadequate cooling. Low refrigerant and dirty system components are both common culprits for energy inefficiency. However, these things can be easily remedied with routine AC maintenance.
- Improved system life. Your AC was a big investment in the comfort of your home, and should be treated accordingly. You buy a car knowing the oil will need to be changed and regular maintenance completed. Your AC system has similar maintenance needs. By taking care of routine maintenance along the way, you allow the system to work as it intended, and may even boost its expected system life.
- Cooling performance. What professional maintenance really provides is performance. You want to ensure that your air conditioner performs well no matter how hot it is outside. A dirty and neglected system won’t live up to your cooling expectations. If you take care of your air conditioner, it will take care of you. There’s no better way to do that than with professional AC maintenance.
- Safety. Routine seasonal maintenance from a professional brings an added safety aspect for your property, as well as you and your family. The professional recommendations given by a technician can save your home from water damage associated with an AC system. Electrical hazards can be prevented from both faulty AC and heating units. And if you have a gas powered system, a professional can check for leaks to ensure no build up of gas can happen.
Sign Up for our Maintenance Program!
Regularly servicing your cooling system maximizes its energy efficiency, reduces costly, preventable breakdowns, and extends the life of your system, while also reducing negative impact on the environment. There really isn’t a downside!
Maintenance plans give homeowners and business owners peace of mind knowing that their systems are in proper running condition for all seasons. Our Preventative Maintenance Plan includes a twice-a-year, complete diagnostic and precision spring tune up on your cooling system as well as a fall tune up on your heating system.
Why sign up for our Preventative Maintenance Plan?
- Priority scheduling
- Fewer repairs
- Discounted repairs
- Improved systems capacity
- Extended equipment life
- Lower utility bills
- Consistent performance
Your System Tune Up May Include:
- Check thermostat for proper calibration
- Test unit starting capabilities
- Inspect heat exchanger or elements
- Test safety controls
- Inspect evaporator coil & clean as needed
- Clean the condensate drain line
- Inspect return air filters
- Lubricate moving parts
- Electrical components checked and tightened
- Inspect condenser coil & clean as needed
- Check air flow
- Inspect the compressor and fan
- Lubricate the condenser fan motor
- Check the refrigerant levels
- Monitor refrigerant pressure
- Check the cooling temperature and air flow
- Inspect and oil fan motor
- Refrigerant checked for proper charge
- Measure temperature delta between supply & return
When you’re ready to get on the maintenance plan bandwagon, give 1st Home and Commercial Services a call for more information on what we offer with our plans. Our customers tell us time and time again how glad they are that their systems are essentially worry-free because of regular maintenance. Based in Austin, we send licensed HVAC technicians to all areas of Buda, Kyle, San Marcos, and surrounding areas, and we’d love to count you as one of our regular customers.
For exceptional Austin AC maintenance services, contact 1st Home and Commercial Services today! Our knowledgeable staff is ready to help you prepare your AC system for the upcoming hot weather.