Many Central Texas homeowners and business owners are starting to realize the benefits of annual heating and air conditioning maintenance plans. And for several good reasons.
First, there’s the obvious cost savings both in terms of increased efficiency of your heating and cooling units, and the fact that regular maintenance helps prevent unit breakdowns. Imagine what your family or business could do with extra money every year as well as the peace of mind knowing that your systems were running effectively and conserving energy, as well.
In other words, regularly servicing heating and cooling systems maximize their energy efficiency, reduce costly, preventable breakdowns, and extend the life of your system -while reducing negative impact on the environment. There really isn’t a downside.
Maintenance plans give homeowners and business owners peace of mind knowing that their systems are in proper running condition for all seasons.
Preventative Maintenance Plans normally cover a period of twelve months from date of signing and should include a twice-a-year, complete diagnostic and precision spring tune up on your cooling system and fall tune up on your heating system.
Benefits of Preventative Maintenance Plans Include:
- Priority scheduling
- Fewer repairs
- Discounted repairs
- Improved systems capacity
- Extended equipment life
- Lower utility bills
- Consistent performance
System Tune ups Should Include:
- Check thermostat for proper calibration
- Test unit starting capabilities
- Inspect heat exchanger or elements
- Test safety controls
- Inspect evaporator coil & clean as needed
- Clean the condensate drain line
- Inspect return air filters
- Lubricate moving parts
- Electrical components checked and tightened
- Inspect condenser coil & clean as needed
- Check air flow
- Inspect the compressor and fan
- Lubricate the condenser fan motor
- Check the refrigerant levels
- Monitor refrigerant pressure
- Check the cooling temperature and air flow
- Measure temperature delta between supply & return
- Inspect and oil fan motor
- Refrigerant checked for proper charge
When you’re ready to get on the maintenance plan bandwagon, give 1st AC and Heating a call and see what all we offer with our plans. Our customers tell us time and time again how glad they are that their systems are essentially worry free because of regular maintenance. 1st AC and Heating sends licensed HVAC technicians to all areas of Austin, Buda, Kyle and San Marcos, Texas, and we’d love to count you as one of our ‘regular customers.’