Removing Stubborn Clogs in Austin Homes & Businesses
Drain cleaning and descaling are essential plumbing maintenance services for commercial, and residential locations to ensure lines are cleared regularly. Our team of licensed plumbing experts use a range of plumbing tools from sewer machines, to hydro-jetting, and treatments to clear clogs efficiently.
Whether you have a clogged drain in the kitchen, the bathroom, or anywhere in or around your home or business, you can rely on our experienced plumbers for efficient drain cleaning services.
Signs You Have a Clogged Drain
There are many different signs you may be dealing with a drain clog, they include:
- Slow draining water
- Your sink or bathtub is backed up with water
- Gurgling sounds coming from your drains
- Unpleasant odors coming from your drains caused by stagnant water
- Standing water in your sink or tub
- Suddenly high water bills
- And more
If you notice any of the following signs of a clogged drain, it is important that you act quickly! Not taking signs of a clogged drain seriously can result in more severe and costly damages to your plumbing system.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Drain Clogs?
The most common causes of clogged drains are:
- Cooking fats, oils, and grease
- Scraps of food such as coffee grounds, eggshells, pasta, rice, potato peels, and more
- Soap scum
- Mineral buildup
- Human and pet hair
- Disposable wipes like makeup or baby wipes
- Small foreign objects like toys
- Invasive tree roots that grow in small cracks in the sewer line
- And more
If you are experiencing plumbing issues in your Austin home, call our experienced plumbers at 1st Home & Commercial Services to schedule your drain cleaning appointment.
How Often Should You Get Professional Drain Cleaning?
It is generally recommended to get your drains professionally cleaned every 1-2 years for preventative maintenance.
How often you should get professional drain cleaning depends on several factors, including:
- How old your plumbing system is
- Your usage
- The type of pips you have
- And more
However, if you have begun noticing signs of a potential clog such as slow drainage or you live in a home with an older plumbing system, you may need to schedule professional drain cleaning more frequently.
Why Choose 1st Home & Commercial Services?
We are a homegrown, local, family-run business that is committed to providing the highest level of work and the most exceptional customer service.
In addition to that:
- We utilize advanced tools to carry out the best practices and methods in the industry
- We serve Austin, San Marcos & the surrounding areas
- We offer emergency appointments to handle all of your emergency plumbing needs as quickly as possible
It is extremely challenging to go about your day-to-day when your plumbing system is having problems. Let the team at 1st Home & Commercial Services handle your plumbing issues and restore your home back to working order as soon as possible.
“Expedient, courteous, and informative.”- Jeremy L.
“Our plumber was awesome. On time and knowledgeable. Found and fixed our issue in no time and even found a few issues that we didn't know we even had. Great job!”- Dustin Brown
“All the electricians and plumbers have been so nice and helpful. They don't try to oversell. I will continue to call 1st Home for any home repair needs.”- Lauren G.
Drain cleaning is an essential service and offers a number of benefits for you and your family. Below are a few of the benefits that you can enjoy after having professional drain cleaning services in your Austin home.
- Consistent water pressure: Have you noticed that your home's water pressure is inconsistent? Do you wish the water pressure on your shower head was stronger? With professional drain cleaning services, you will be able to enjoy your showers the way you desire.
- A cleaner home: One of the most important things about drain cleaning services is that they offer a cleaner and more hygienic home environment for you and your family. If your home's drains are not cleaned and cleared the correct way, it can leave drain flies nesting inside. These moth-like flying insects can then make their way into your home, spreading bacteria.
- Eliminates unpleasant odors: Another benefit of drain cleaning is that you will be able to get rid of any unpleasant odors coming from your home's drains. Oftentimes, sediment buildup in your drains such as grease and oil can get stuck, which explains where that unpleasant smell is probably coming from. Professional drain cleaning services thoroughly clean your drains, eliminating all sediment buildup unpleasant odors and allowing your drain system to work at optimal levels.
If you are looking for drain cleaning services in Austin, TX, you can trust us to get the job done for you. Our Austin drain cleaning experts use only high quality plumbing material and equipment for all drain cleaning services in order to ensure the optimal functioning of your drain system, and to help you avoid potentially costly repairs in the future.
DIY Drain Cleaning Tips
With the exception of bored kids who are home for summer break, there are few things more demanding of your immediate attention than a clogged drain.
Here are some tips you can try to fix a clog before calling a plumber:
- Try flushing the drain with boiling water. While there’s no guarantee that this method will flush large blockages, often a boiling water flush will help disintegrate smaller, lighter problems. Note: boiling water works best on metal pipes. Use caution using water over 175 degrees on PVC pipes.
- Make your own drain cleaner. If you have the sneaking suspicion that your clog is caused by grease, try making your own drain cleaner with vinegar and baking soda. Simply take ½ cup of baking soda and put it down into the drain as far as you can get it. Pour vinegar on that, creating the fizzing action that will help clear your drain.
- Use a plunger. It's important to get over the “eww factor” of your household plunger because it's an important part of your drain clearing arsenal. But you have to know how to use one effectively. Chances are your plunger is a cup plunger which you can place on top of a sink or tub drain and start plunging away. For toilets, however, you should have a flange or toilet plunger – they fit down the narrow drain of a toilet.
- Try a drain auger. A great tool to have around the house is a drain auger. This is basically a hand-operated version of the kind of plumbing snake that plumbers use. You can buy them for about $20 at your local hardware or home improvement store.
If after trying DIY methods you still have a clogged drain, call 1st Home and Commercial Services. Our licensed plumbers in Austin are well trained to unclog any type of drain.
Drain & Sewer Services in Austin
In addition to our drain cleaning services, 1st Home & Commercial Services also offers comprehensive plumbing repair and replacement of sewer and drains. Whether your sewer line has cracked, collapsed, or is heavily corroded, our expert plumbers can fix it for you in a timely and efficient manner. If you are looking for professional drain cleaning services in Austin, TX, you can count on us to get the job done for you the right way.
For all your drain and sewer needs, trust 1st Home & Commercial Services. Call us now at (512) 957-2992 to schedule an appointment.