Drain Cleaning in Austin
Removing Stubborn Clogs in Austin Homes & Businesses
Whether you have a clogged drain in the kitchen, the bathroom, or anywhere in or around your home, rely on our experienced plumbers for efficient drain cleaning services. 1st Home & Commercial Services is available for emergency drain cleaning if your drain or garbage disposal is clogged or for normal drain cleaning services for slow-running drains. Our team of plumbers in Austin use a range of plumbing tools to clear residential clogs efficiently.
Drain cleaning is also an essential plumbing maintenance service for commercial businesses to ensure water lines are cleared regularly. Our licensed plumbers use reliable and efficient sewer machines to bore through a clog with rotating cutting blades.
To request drain cleaning in Austin or anywhere in Central Texas, contact us at (512) 957-2992 or online. Emergency drain cleaning is available!
Types of Drain Cleaning Services
Is the water in your sink or tub refusing to go down? While you may think that you can handle this on your own with a liquid drain cleaner, this method can only damage your pipes. It won’t even keep the clogs at bay for long. Put our plumbing team on the job and we’ll safely and efficiently remove even the most stubborn clogs, making sure your drains stay clean and clear for a long period of time.
We offer a broad range of drain cleaning services, including:
- Sink trap and pop-up drain cleaning
- Interior main drain through the toilet
- Sink drain through the exterior cleanout
- Sink drain through the interior cleanout or P-trap
- Toilet drain cleaning
- Tub or shower drain cleaning
- Unjamming a garbage disposal
- Hydro jetting
- Exterior main sewer line through the accessible cleanout
Benefits of Drain Cleaning
Drain cleaning is an essential service and offers a number of great benefits for you and your family. Below we list a few of the benefits that you can enjoy after professional drain cleaning services in your Austin home.
- Consistent water pressure: Have you noticed that your home's water pressure is inconsistent? Do you wish the water pressure on your shower head was stronger? With professional drain cleaning services, you will be able to enjoy your showers the way you deserve.
- A cleaner home: One of the most important things about drain cleaning services is that they offer a cleaner and more hygienic home environment for you and your family. If your home's drains are not cleaned and cleared the correct way, it can leave drain flies nesting inside. These moth-like flying insects can then make their way into your home, spreading bacteria.
- Eliminates unpleasant odors: Another benefit of drain cleaning is that you will be able to get rid of unpleasant odors coming from your home's drains. Often times, sediment buildup in your drains such as grease and oil can get stuck, which explains where that unpleasant smell is probably coming from. Professional drain cleaning services thoroughly clean your drains, getting rid of all sediment buildup, and allowing your drain system to work at optimal levels.
If you are looking for drain cleaning services in Austin, TX, you can trust us to get the job done for you. Our Austin drain cleaning experts use only high quality plumbing material and equipment for all drain cleaning services in order to ensure the optimal functioning of your drain system, and to help you avoid potentially costly repairs in the future. Contact us to learn more about what we can do to make your home a more comfortable place for you today.
DIY Drain Cleaning Tips
With the exception of bored kids who are home for summer break, there are few things more demanding of your immediate attention than a clogged drain. Unless you want to run the risk of flooding your house, or losing the use of your toilet, sink or tub, you had better stop everything, and everyone, to get it fixed. Fast.
Here are some tips you can try to fix a clog before calling a plumber:
- Try flushing the drain with boiling water. While there’s no guarantee that this method will flush large blockages, often a boiling water flush will help disintegrate smaller, lighter problems. Note: boiling water works best on metal pipes. Use caution using water over 175 degrees on PVC pipes.
- Make your own drain cleaner. If you have the sneaking suspicion that your clog is caused by grease, try making your own drain cleaner with vinegar and baking soda. Simply take ½ cup of baking soda and put it down into the drain as far as you can get it. Pour vinegar on that, creating the fizzing action that will help clear your drain.
- Use a plunger. Get over the “eww factor;” your household plunger is an important part of your drain clearing arsenal. But you have to know how to use one effectively. Chances are your plunger is a cup plunger which you can place on top of a sink or tub drain and start plunging away. For toilets, however, you should have a flange or toilet plunger – they fit down the narrow drain of a toilet.
- Try a drain auger. A great tool to have around the house is a drain auger. This is basically a hand-operated version of the kind of plumbing snake that plumbers use. You can buy them for about $20 at your local hardware or home improvement store.
If after trying DIY methods you still have a clogged drain, call 1st Home and Commercial Services. Our licensed plumbers in Austin are well trained to unclog any type of drain.
Drain & Sewer Services in Austin
In addition to our drain cleaning services, 1st Home & Commercial Services also offers comprehensive plumbing repair and replacement of sewer and drains. Whether your sewer line has cracked, collapsed, or is heavily corroded, our expert plumbers can fix it for you in a timely and efficient manner. If you are looking for professional drain cleaning services in Austin, TX, you can count on us to get the job done for you the right way.
For all your drain and sewer needs, trust only 1st Home & Commercial Services. Call us now at (512) 957-2992 to schedule an appointment.